ONGOING SUPPORT GROUPS
Support group counseling helps to lessen feelings of isolation, self-blame and denial. In groups, clients are offered the opportunity to learn from each other and to express and better understand their own experience. Support groups provide a safe, supportive environment enabling constructive sharing. All groups meet at on a regular basis.
- Breaking the Silence - a weekly evening group for adult female survivors of sexual assault.
- Moving Forward - a monthly group which focuses on moving forward before, during and after divorce.
- SOAR (Survivors Overcoming Abusive Relationships) - a weekly evening group for female survivors of domestic violence or intimate partner abuse.
- Thrive - a weekly morning or afternoon group for women looking for support around relationship issues or past trauma; this group is also offered in Spanish and Portuguese in the evening.
- Voices of Courage - a weekly evening group for adult male survivors of sexual assault.
CURRICULUM-BASED WORKSHOPS (CONDUCTED SEASONALLY)
- Girl Talk - an 8-week support group for young college women conducted at Western Connecticut State University.
- I AM OK! - a 7-week workshop focused on fostering individual self-esteem and anxiety management.
- Project Be - an 8-week support group series for girls in Middle and High School focusing on empowerment, healthy relationships and safe choices; this group is also conducted in Spanish.
- Please find a full schedule of current support groups and workshops here.
- Contemporary workshops are held throughout the year.
- Attorney Series - clinics and workshops to provide legal advice and assistance on family law
- Financial Education Series - workshops to provide information and tools for managing finances
All support groups and workshops are FREE and confidential. Registration is required. Please contact our Support Group Coordinator at 203-731-5200, ext. 203, or Volunteer Coordinator at 203-731-5200, ext. 202, for additional information and to register for a support group or workshop.