SPRING "project Be" girls group series
Free 8-week programs for adolescent girls this spring, focused on empowerment, healthy relationships/supports and safe choices. Starts April 5, 2018 for middle and high school aged girls.
View PDFs for details of the spring 2018 "Project Be" Girls Group Series
Project Be English Girls Group Series Beginning April 5, 2018.
ONGOING Support Groups
Support group counseling helps to lessen feelings of isolation, self-blame and denial. In groups, clients are offered the opportunity to learn from each other and to express and better understand their own experience. Support groups provide a safe, supportive environment enabling constructive sharing. All groups meet at the Center on a regular basis.
- Breaking the Silence - a weekly evening group for adult female survivors of sexual assault.
- Moving Forward - a monthly group which focuses on moving forward before, during and after divorce.
- SOAR (Survivors Overcoming Abusive Relationships) - a weekly evening group for female survivors of domestic violence or intimate partner abuse.
- Thrive - a weekly morning or afternoon group for women looking for support around relationship issues; this group is also offered in Spanish and Portuguese in the evening.
- Voices of Courage - a weekly evening group for adult male survivors of sexual assault.
CURRICULUM-BASED WORKSHOPS (CONDUCTED SEASONALLY)
- Exhale to Inhale Yoga - a 6-week trauma-informed yoga workshop.
- Girl Talk - an 8-week support group for young women conducted at Western Connecticut State University.
- I AM OK! - a 7-week workshop focused on fostering individual self-esteem and anxiety management.
- Project Be - an 8-week support group series for girls in Middle and High School; this group is also conducted in Spanish.
- Please find a full schedule of current support groups and workshops here.
- Contemporary workshops are held throughout the year.
All support groups and workshops are FREE and confidential. Registration is required. Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 203-731-5200, ext. 202, for additional information and to register for a support group or workshop.