SPRING "project Be" girls group series
Free 8-week programs for adolescent girls this spring, focused on empowerment, healthy relationships/supports and safe choices. Starts April 5, 2017 for pre-teen and teen girls.
View PDFs for details of the spring 2017 "Project Be" Girls Group Series
Project Be English Girls Group Series Beginning April 5, 2017.
Projecto Tu Spanish Girls Group Series Beginning April 5, 2017.
FALL "i AM OK!" WORKSHOP
Free 8-week workshop on the dynamics of self-esteem and anxiety management for women. Starts September 20, 2016.
View a PDF for details of the fall 2016 "I AM OK!" Workshop Self-Esteem and Anxiety Management starting September 20, 2016
Support Groups Offered on a Recurring Basis
Support group counseling helps to lessen feelings of isolation, self-blame and denial. In groups, clients are offered the opportunity to learn from each other and to express and better understand their own experience. Support groups provide a safe, supportive environment enabling constructive sharing. All groups meet at the Center on a regular basis.
- Voices of Courage - for male adult survivors of sexual assault
- SOAR - Survivors Overcoming Abusive Relationships
- Thriving Women - sustaining healthy relationships (bilingual groups available in Portuguese and Spanish)
Seasonal Support Groups
- Child/Parent Divorce Support
- Endings - ending a marriage or relationship
- I AM OK! - dynamics of self-esteem and anxiety management
- Project Be Program - empowerment series for Middle & High School aged girls (bilingual group available in Spanish)
- Various programs covering contemporary issues impacting women and their families.
Registration is required for all support groups. Call 203-731-5200 for schedule information and to register. All services and programs are free and confidential.