Smartphones & Cell Phones
Save the Environment, Save a Life
Do you have used smartphones or cell phones you don't need? Donate your phones to the Women's Center and you will be assisting someone in need! Phones that have working chargers can be used as 911 phones for our clients. Even after a cell phone’s monthly service is turned off, it can still be used to dial 911.
Phones that are broken or do not have a charger can still be donated - we send these phones to a program called Shelter Alliance which refurbishes them or uses their parts AND gives the Women's Center a percentage of each phone's worth. Not only will you be preventing the toxins from your old phone from harming the earth and future generations, but you will also be helping to prevent another person from becoming a victim of violence.
Drop your used smartphone or cell phone off at the Women's Center today!
Gift Cards and Gift Certificates
- Grocery Stores (C-Town, Stop & Shop, Shaw's, Big Y, ShopRite, Stew Leonard's receipts)
- AMAZON, Costco, Home Depot, HomeGoods, WalMart, Michael's
- Bus Passes – HART Bus
- Clothing Stores (Target, WalMart, Burlington, Kohl’s, Marshall's)
- Prepaid Phone Cards/Gas Cards
- Danbury Fair Mall
- Fast Food Restaurants (McDonald's, Burger King, Taco Bell, Wendy’s, Duchess, Dunkin Donuts)
- Movie Theaters
- Hair Salons
- Pharmacies (CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens)
- Cards for Parking Meters in downtown Danbury*
- Carpet Cleaning Services
Non-Perishable Foods (packages must be unopened)
- Individual Snack Packs (granola bars, rice krispie treats, fruit roll-ups, mini chocolate bars, wrapped hard candy)
- Juice Boxes & Canned Juices
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Pasta & Sauce
- Peanut Butter/Jelly
- Pudding/Fruit Snack Cups
- Soups & Stews
- Tuna Fish/Mayo
- Cases of Water
Other Needs - NEW Items Only
The Women's Center has partnered with Savers in Brookfield to accomodate many of our residential facility clients' shopping requirements.
- Baby DIAPERS (sizes 2, 3, 4 & 5) and Wipes
- Batteries (AA, D, 9V)
- Cleaning Supplies (dish soap, laundry detergent, sponges, Lysol, hand soap)
- Coloring Books
- Paper Products (toilet paper, papertowels, napkins, plates)
- Women's & Children's Clothing (especially Plus sze)
- SOCKS in all sizes
- Toiletries, Sanitary products
- Towels/Twin Sheets (fitted only, no flannel)/Pillows/Blankets
- Undergarments (all sizes)
Create “craft packages” with fun activities for the children staying at our Residential Facility.
School supplies: buy a backpack and fill it with necessary school supplies to be given to a child staying at our Residential Facility who had to leave his or her home quickly.